Thursday 5 June 2008

Toadstool for Jill



This is the toadstool I have made for Jill my swap partner in the Lucykate Crafts Toadstool Swap.
This has been my incentive for getting this blog up and running I thought I might just do it with a bit of a fanfare.

I used a felted blanket which is probably about 50 years old. and it has worked beautifully for this project - I thought it might be too stiff to use but as it you handle it it softens.
I have thoroughly enjoyed taking part in my first swap. If you know of any others that are current and still open can you please let me know, because even though I seem to spend a LOT of time in Blogland, I haven't come across any other swaps to participate in.


3 comments:

Miaou said...

Oooh it is just so LOVELY Nita! All the little details make it just perfect. My kids are dying to have it but it's just for me, lol. I will treasure it.

I kept looking at the felt you used for the toadstool and admiring its quality - now I know why it is so lovely! I keep stroking it, it's so soft.

Suzanne Vaughan said...

Lovely toadstool! Welcome to blogland - there is no excape now...!

Nita said...

Suzanne - there was no escape before I took the plunge, so I came up with the theory 'if you can't beat 'em.............'!!! Nice to meet a fellow Libran.