Monday 22 September 2008

I can't believe it has been so long! (long post)

Well that summer has flew by so quickly. I have been wanting to blog for a little while but either my head wasn't into it or timing wasn't great. So I have now managed to slide some space aside seeing as things are pretty much back to normal with school routine and daily chores.

I haven't had idle hands whilst taking my blog vacation, I have been busy creating these cushions.



The pattern and inspiration was taken from this book




I wanted something different, I scoured the internet and retail stores and nothing was right so I knew I had to get creative to get it right. They are made with colours that are featured in my lounge and are just perfect.

Also I have done one of these (hat). I had some spare navy blue Aran weight yarn and it was ideal. OH loves it and I am now going to do a smaller version for Little Neet.

I have been assessing all the WIPs that I have in various stages of formation. There are seams to be sewn, afghans to complete, embroidery to catch up with and little tiddly bits to tidy up. I have made a pledge to myself that I am going to clear these before embarking on other projects and ideas.

I came across this blog the other day whilst researching something for my tomato glut. (Am I the only grower in the UK that has not suffered with blight this year?) Please DO NOT look if you are hungry or trying to resist temptation. I thought it was fresh and different and jam-packed with ideas.

Righty-oh. Off to do some more 'creating' so that I may have something more to blog again soon.

1 comment:

Miaou said...

Mmmm, lovely cushion! That yarn is gorgeous.