Saturday 7 March 2009

Planting time


The chitted, early potatoes are now under their new soil blanket. These are Sharpe's Express.


and these are Anya. I love their knobbly, bobblyness!



some are going to be grown in buckets. I planted these on a bed of soil, one to a pot and just covered them. As the growth comes through I will top up the soil to just below the leaves until they are clear of the top of the pot.



others I have planted directly into the soil and covered them with ridges of soil and I will just cover these with a mulch of grass clippings (in about 4-6 weeks time) rather than heap more soil on them.



Newly discovered 'superfruit'?


No - Ranunculus 'claws' - otherwise known as Persian Buttercups. I am going to grow these for my cut-flower project that I have given myself for this year.




1 comment:

angel said...

Hello Honey....... *smile*
I got my gazzilion seeds and things on Wednesday ..... wow wow wow how wonderful are you!!!!*snogs*
I have a million questions [as ever] and i shall bombard you with them all very soon......
Thank you thank you thank you.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX